Bulletin of Prophetic Historicism
5 December 2015 Editor and Proprietor
Edwin de Kock
Bulletin # 25
The editor/proprietor assumes responsibility for his own contributions. He is not, however, responsible or liable for the ideas expressed in pieces by other writers, also sometimes mentioned or cited.
Late-Breaking News: Edwin de Kock on Television
On December 3, one of the items beamed from Amazing Discoveries was “Faithful to Our Roots,” in a telecast recorded at Vancouver, Canada, more than a year ago. In it, Edwin identifies Seventh-day Adventists as the remnant of Bible prophecy. He focuses on and links up the predictions of Revelation 12-18 as well as other scriptures, in both the Old and the New Testaments, to show that the three angels’ messages are about much more than the Millerites or even our nineteenth-century Church imagined. One example is the Sabbath truth in Rev. 14:7.
If you missed his powerful presentation and would like to view it, please note that it will be repeated on Thursday, 10 December, at 1:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 5:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Amazing Discoveries is a soundly Seventh-day Adventist planet-wide service, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on TV and satellite across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Southern Africa, Southern Europe, and portions of the Middle East. AD can be viewed on Galaxy 19 and is accessible via the Internet as well as MOIPTV. Personally we look at it on ROKU. Its programs are also available via “Free to Air” Christian channels on the OPTUS D2 satellite. While most of this is in English, translations are underway to serve viewers who speak German, Spanish, or other languages.
The main burden of AD is the end-time message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and to prepare a people for the Second Coming.
Coming Soon: “Enmity”
Most probably in early 2016, Amazing Discoveries is due to begin its presentation of this new documentary series. It is an updated version of Total Onslaught. Entitled Enmity, it will, as AD explains it, “feature fifteen episodes and multiple guest speakers, in addition to Walter Veith, and will explore the idea of the controversy between good and evil raging on this planet in the context of historical and current events.”
One of those speakers will be Edwin de Kock. His main contribution will be in the area of history, which is the weakest point of most SDA speakers about and writers on prophecy. It is, however, his forte, as is evident in all his books. Today he is, both qualitatively and in the number of pages that he has produced, the leading Historicist author on Bible prophecy, as his five books and other well-received publications attest.
A Christmas Gift for Yourself and Friends
For the forthcoming holiday season, why not—for yourself or a friend—acquire one of Edwin’s five books on prophecy? Also now available are his DVDs or audio CDs, as described below.
The prices are all very reasonable. For instance, the five audio CDs mentioned under # 4 will cost you only $6.00 each. To copy them, print the labels, and attach these is all done by hand as a labor of love. This takes up quite a bit of time and energy. Incidentally, for some of the videos a computer (PC) provides clearer definition than on a DVD player.
1. A DVD made at the Mission Hope church, Mission, Texas, during March 2015 for Edwin’s 85th birthday. In this recording, he describes his career as a writer, especially the past fifteen years. He speaks and holds aloft his published Historicist books, as well as his collected original poetry in Esperanto, the International language. $13.00.
2. An audio CD, entitled “Keeping a Promise to God.” This is a recording of an interview by Juanita Kretschmar on 3 September 2015 for her Power to Cope, a broadcast for radio in the Florida Keys and on the Internet. In it, Edwin tells of his 1986 promise to the Lord to write a book about prophecy if Ria survived a serious lung operation and the sequel. This entailed emigration to the United States, a year in South Korea, and completing not one but five books on prophecy, together with other material. This provides insightful background to his work as a Historicist writer on prophecy. $13.00.
The DVD and CD complement each other. If they are bought together, the combined price will be only $20.00, including postage and handling.
3. Two audio CDs of Edwin’s 2006 lectures about history and prophetic interpretation. These were presented during the Bible Prophecy Symposium at Camp au Sable under the auspices of the Michigan Conference. $20.00.
4. A set of five audio CDs. This compelling series was presented at the Kentucky-Tennessee Camp Meeting on 26-30 May 2008. A companion chart of time periods significant in prophecy, referred to in one of these lectures, appears on our website. $30.00.
5. A DVD lecture The Identity of 666 in Revelation. Edwin addressed the Adventist Theological Society at Southern Adventist University, Chattanooga, Tennessee, on 14 January 2012, vindicating the classic SDA identification of that number with vicarius Filii Dei, a papal title. $13.00.
6. Three lecture-sermons on DVD, presented as part of the Forward to Zion hometown camp meeting in Delaware, Ohio on 4-6 June, 2015. These are: (a) “The Lord is coming. Are you ready?” (b) “Three Angels Flying in the Midst of Heaven,” and (c) “To Ripen the Grain for the Harvest.” The last mentioned stresses our need of the Holy Spirit. $25.00.
Those who order all of these six recordings can claim a further rebate. For them, the total price will be only $100.00, with free shipping and handling in the United States. For purchasers from outside America other arrangements apply.
Please remember that more details about Edwin’s publications, our activities, and previous Prophetic Bulletins, appear on our website: www.propheticum.com. We can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or snail-mailed as follows: Edwin de Kock, 12916 Los Terrazos Boulevard, Edinburg, Texas 78541, USA.